As an International Risk and Insurance Manager, you will report directly to the Global Director, Corporate Risk Management. You will have primary or secondary responsibility for insurance programs that have global reach, such as international general liability, marine, property and business interruption, excess liability, D&O liability, pollution, aviation, construction, etc. This responsibility includes analyzing exposure and loss data, policy renewal negotiation and placement, claims handling and administration, and achieving appropriate levels of risk retention/transfer. Significant interface with brokers and insurers and involvement in supporting joint ventures, due diligence, contractual risk transfer, marine logistics, claims, and other matters as appropriate.
What will be expected from you?
- Manage and supervise various global / corporate insurance programs, all international local insurance policies of a property and casualty nature. Requires a working knowledge of the business exposures and the local regulations in each country
- Responsibility for primary claims handling, administration, and reporting responsibilities for international general liability, marine, aviation, pollution, construction and others, as appropriate
- At least annually, analyze key exposure and loss data for all global locations, properly present the values to the relevant brokers/insurers, reconcile the insurance premiums paid to binders and other relevant documents
- Serve as primary liaison with division and regional insurance contacts and provide training and other support resources as appropriate
- Maintain files, arrange teleconference / web conference / video conference meetings, and prepare presentations
- Participate in management of the captive insurance company and supporting certain enterprise risk management (ERM) initiatives
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business or Accounting/Finance with 5+ years related experience
- ARM, CRM or CPCU designations a plus
- Experience in multinational heavy process industries is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; high level skills with Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Lotus Notes
- Experience in making travel arrangements, including visas
- Experience in a multinational corporate environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent data management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 10,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Insurance is the key